Kim Kardashian And Kanye West Have Revealed Details From Their Wedding And They’re As Brilliant As You’d Expect
1. Everyone knows that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s wedding was probably the most extravagant of all time, but neither of them has commented publicly on some of the rumours about their big day.
2. However, last night Kim appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! and confirmed that the rumour about them having an engraved marble table was true.
She said: “We had this long table that everyone was eating at, and instead of having place cards we engraved everyone’s name in this marble table. He [Kanye] explained to everyone that we engraved the names because everyone is engraved in our hearts, and everyone that was there was so special to us.”
Hats off to whoever engraved the names of 150 guests into marble.
3. She went on to reveal that Kanye’s wedding toast wasn’t 45 minutes long, as has been reported.
She said: “It wasn’t 45 minutes. It was about 20 minutes. It wasn’t about himself; it was about us and everyone that was there.”
4. Kanye’s version of events was slightly different, though.
Speaking to GQ, Kanye said that the content of his speech was all about celebrity: “What I talked about the idea of celebrity, and celebrities being treated like blacks were in the ’60s, having no rights, and the fact that people can slander your name. I said that in the toast. And I had to say this in a position where I, from the art world, am marrying Kim. And how we’re going to fight to raise the respect level for celebrities so that my daughter can live a more normal life. She didn’t choose to be a celebrity. But she is. So I’m going to fight to make sure she has a better life.”
5. Kanye also had a bit of a meltdown about their wedding planner, and the state of the bar at the nuptials too.
He said, “The bathrooms — that usually would be a porta-potty — were wrapped in a fabric that was neutral, to match the fort. The bar was terrible, and the wedding planner didn’t approve it with me. I was having issues with this wedding planner the entire time on approvals, and I get there and they threw some weird plastic bar there. So the same materials that were used to cover the bathroom, we said, ‘Let’s just use that, because this is all we have to make the bar look better.’ Which it did, in the end.”
6. Never change, Kimye.